One year down! I cannot believe it’s been one full year. We have learned a lot in our DIYing baby steps, mostly that you need to take baby steps and not jump into the hard things all at once…
I wanted to provide my loyal readers with a little wrap up of the progress we have made in our our first year of living here and starting the remodeling project, we got a decent amount of stuff done (in a perfect world it would have been a whole lot more but we did run into a lot of obstacles. Not to mention, it’s super difficult to renovate an entire house when you live in it (and not to mention ti was fully furnished and full of things when you moved in). So anyway, we are super proud of what we HAVE completed and it’s so gratifying that we are remodeling this house with our own two hands. (I actually wrote a guest post recently about the rewards of doing it yourself, check it out here). Here’s where we are so far.
- We redid the basement . When we moved in the floor was a wreck, basically a sunken disaster, so that was our main priority.
- We did some (rather awful) cement work. It’s a lot harder than it looks, but in the future we know what we are doing now so it was worth it to try it out ourselves.
- We put up this shed. Perhaps the easiest project yet the most expensive. Not so sure it’s really DIY but I guess we could have paid someone from Home Depot to do it for us… right?
- We redid the bathroom. Still working on finishing up the loose ends on this one, but it really came a long way from the blue and white 80s deco bathroom it once was. (If you are interested in the appliances we chose, check out the review here)
- Painted and spackled.. a lot. I really have begun to enjoy painting and (spackling. I realize the more you do it, the better you get at it. I guess practice really does make perfect. For a laugh, look back at some of the mistakes I used to make painting. We did a lot of other tasks such as cleaning out the attic, holding a seriously unsuccessful garage sale, gardening and fixing up the backyard, tearing off wallpaper, decorating, and mostly making our house a home.So what’s our list for 2016? we don’t have it totally planned out yet, but we know we want to work on our two spare bedrooms, which are currently covered in wood paneling and shag carpet….but that shag is covering some pretty in tact wood floors, so here goes nothing…
Thanks for all of your support this year! You all keep me motivated to keep going!! Stay tuned, trust me there is a whole lot more to come! And it’s going to be interested!!