The kitchen is the center of every home and family life. Casual dining with family, cooking big family meals, relaxing and spending quality time with everybody can be done in a spacious kitchen. With space being the main criteria, people are taking a more modern approach towards designing the kitchen space. The concept of modern kitchens has become a popular way to create beautiful space within a small area. Furniture and appliances can be carefully selected with the design to create the flow with the rest of the area along with providing enough space and storage.
Concepts of the modern kitchen
When you think of modern kitchens, words like structure, sleek, and sophisticated come to mind. Thus, you need to look for structured cabinets and tough counter tops made from metal or slate for both durability and style. Stainless steel fixtures and hardware can add more glamour to the space. It is ideal to complement them with a glass backsplash and leather seating. Modern day kitchens stress on the concept of ‘less is more’. So, remove unnecessary items, hide things, and go for multi-purpose elements. Put recessed lights instead of pendants and make sure you have the sleek and less space occupying appliances. Full-height cabinets can be one good idea to store your items neatly. Neutral shades are a must, especially monochromatic colors like white, grey, etc. You find ways to create sitting like stools that can be tucked under the island for a small space.
Things to consider
Use plain tiles for the kitchen to prevent it from getting sticky and make it easy to clean. Darker shades for the counter top can be a good idea to avoid getting it stained.
- Select the appliances in the beginning to match the décor of the kitchen and at the same time, it can help in the built-in concept.
- Flooring should be matte finish and slip resistant to avoid falling if something spills.
- Plan the area in such a way that makes sense and will be practical for cooking. You don’t want to have to go to big lengths to get your stufs.
Benefits of modern kitchen concepts
The modern kitchens can suit the requirements of everybody. It is simple for the designers to plan and create such kitchens. They ask about the needs and plan the kitchen accordingly. As the choices are endless and there is no limit to plan from color schemes to kind of appliances, you can create anything to suit your likings.
- Technology is a big part in the modern design kitchen, as it plays an important role in increasing the functionality and reducing workload in the kitchen.
- In the modern kitchen, you will find better working areas or platforms to prep your food. You can find big and efficient storage spaces for storing everything cleverly hidden behind cabinets and drawers.
- It is possible to utilize vertical space with wall-mounted accessories. You can not only keep the platform clean but also create space to store your items.
- You can add any color on the cabinets and shelves to make them look attractive. Shelves and recess areas can help in creating more space in a stylish kitchen.
- Many appliances such as dishwashers, inbuilt coffee vending machines, microwaves, electric ovens, etc. can be seen built in contemporary kitchen to increase the speed of work in the kitchen without much effort. You no longer must purchase any additional appliances for the space.
- Kitchen islands are one feature of contemporary kitchen creating stylish look and enough space around to move while preparing food and cooking. You can add sitting and eating area if you have space at the other side of the island for open concept.
This post was a guest post by Melissa Hamler, an experienced and professional blogger. She loves to write blog on various topics, like: catering, food, home improvement, business, health etc. You can follow her on Facebook or Twitter for more updates.